Home / Karachi / Awais Shah was kept blindfolded throughout captivity
Awais Shah was kept blindfolded throughout captivity

Awais Shah was kept blindfolded throughout captivity

KARACHI: Sindh High Court chief justice’s son Advocate Awais Ali Shah revealed that his abductors tried to leave Karachi during Eid holidays but couldn’t succeed in doing so and that he was kept blindfolded throughout the ordeal, Utv Pakistan Report.

The kidnapped son of SHC Chief Justice Sajjad Ali Shah was recovered after an intelligence based operation at Tank district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa earlier this week.

Shah recorded his initial statement with the law enforcement agencies on Tuesday following his release.

Sources informed that Shah told the security officials that his abductors put a gun to his leg when he tried to resist them at the time of abduction. “One of them even threatened to kill me,” Shah was quoted as saying.

According to Shah’s statement, he was initially kept in Karachi by his abductors.

“I was kept blindfolded throughout the ordeal and was only allowed to remove the folds when I had to use the washroom,” said Shah in his statement.

He further said the captors used to communicate with each other in Pashto language.

Shah was then shifted to interior Sindh where he was kept for a few days before being taken to Dera Ismail Khan from where his captors handed him over to another group which tried to take Shah further, sources revealed.

The sources further informed that on the day of his recovery Shah was being transported to another location. His captors boarded him on a vehicle, two of whom flanked him on the rear seat. Soon as the vehicle started its journey firing started and security personnel took out the suspects and freed Awais Shah from their custody.

Director General ISPR Lt. General Asim Bajwa disclosed Shah’s recovery on Tuesday through a pre-dawn tweet. Three terrorists
were also killed during the operation.

CJ Shah gives all credit to army

Speaking to journalists Sajjad Ali Shah had hailed the armed forces for the successful recovery of his son Awais Ali Shah.

“All credit goes to the army,” said the SHC judge, adding that the army chief had been personally monitoring the team formed by
DG ISI to recover his son.

When asked what role the government played in his son’s recovery, CJ said the “army is not separate from the government”.

“Gen Raheel Sharif called me at 3am in the night and told me that my son has been recovered.”

“He was kind enough to let me talk to my son when I asked, and he was kind enough to arrange a plane and got him here from Tank.”

The judge said he had “absolutely no idea” about which group was behind the kidnapping.Utv-Line

Comments are closed.

Scroll To Top