GUJRAT: At least three people were killed when fire broke out at a house situated in Iqbal Colony in Jalalpur Jattan near Gujrat on Wednesday, Dunya News reported.
According to details, Amjad Iqbal along with his family was sleeping when fire erupted at his house, injuring Amjad, his wife, son Wajih Haider, and a servant Maryam.
Rescue teams reached the spot and shifted the injured to Burn Unit at Aziz Bhatti Shaheed Hospital where Amjad, Wajih Haider and Maryam died during treatment. Amjad’s wife was later shifted the Combined Military Hospital in critical condition.
Police sources said that the fire erupted in the house due to short-circuit.