KARACHI: Leader of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Ali Zaidi on Tuesday has said that his party is ready to back-off if Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) also assures to not hold rally at the same venue (Hakeen Saeed Shaheed Ground) on May 12.
Keeping in view the clash between the workers of both parties in Karachi, the PTI leader has said that they only want peace in the metropolis. “We will announce further course of action at 6pm as we are waiting for PPP to respond to the offer,” he added.
Earlier on Monday, Hakeem Saeed Ground turned into a battlefield as PPP and PTI workers pelted stones at each other and also resorted to attack with sticks and iron rods. Angry PPP activists also set ablaze PTI camp at the venue.
Two vehicles and dozens of motorcycles were torched while scores of people were also injured.
The angry mob also attacked Dunya News DSNG which was present there for the coverage and broke its windscreen by pelting stones, wounding its engineer.
It is pertinent to mention here that police remained a silent spectator on the occasion.
PTI leader Ali Zaidi registered a case at Aziz Bhatti Police Station against PPP leaders and workers. He also asked CM Pervez Khattak not to allow PPP to hold public meeting in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Afterwards, Chief Minister Sinsh Syed Murad Ali Shah took notice of the incident after which the PPP camp at the Hakeem Saeed Ground was removed.